Sunday, February 15, 2009

Still Stringing

Okay, I admit I'm now certifiable when it comes to stringing. Just can't seem to get it out of my system! Below are photos of this craziness as I'm making Bonnie Hunter's "String-X" quilt pattern from Quiltville.com. This time I'm using up bright, kid-print strings. Come and see what I'm doing.

Begin with strings! Quantity is not a problem here.

Sew strings to a foundation of 4-1/2" X 10-1/2" telephone book pages.

Trim excess fabric and cut corners.

For a 50" X 64" quilt, I'll need 48 of these shapes.

Next I will select a print from which to cut triangles that will be sewn to these shapes to make a block. More to share soon, I hope!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda

    I am intrigued by your sewing table. It looks like a collapsible table but with a cutout for your machine. I don't think I have seen anything like it in New Zealand

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin