Thursday, April 16, 2009

Before beginning to hand-applique the vines, flowers, and leaves onto the border background (solid ivory fabric), I drew this arrangement on a long strip of paper. I also drew a pattern for the four corners, so the vine, flowers and leaves meander nicely around them. When I've finished all the applique, I will hand sew each border to the Periwinkle Star quilt center.

Because I'm very easily distracted by faster, machine-sewn quilt projects, I'm pretty sure this hand-applique will take me a while to finish. And even when the quilt top is done, after spending that much time (100s of hours) hand-piecing and hand-applique, it demands hand-quilting.

Did I mention I'll be at least 80 years old before this is finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin