Saturday, May 16, 2009

Season of Grace Stockings

I've been playing catch-up on the Season of Grace, BOM (block-of-the-month) being offered by author Emilie Richards and quilter Pat Sloan. The BOM began in February, and has two options.

My friend, blogless Mary, and I are each making the Advent stocking quilt that will finish into a 25-block wall quilt. Our stockings are about 5" X 7", faced with muslin, and blanket-stitched to a background fabric (have yet to do that part). They'll be dimensional so treats and little gifts can be stuffed inside.

Mary and I are each making two identical - or very similar - stockings for every month, then swapping one. Though we agreed on a background fabric, and basic colors, I'm sure we'll end up with 25 very different stockings.

Here are February (Nine-Patch) and March (Crazy Quilt) stockings.
And these are April (applique...ha, we agreed to embroider instead)
and May (Candy Cane Stripe) stockings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin