Monday, September 19, 2011

Friendship Medallion

Continuing to sew strictly from my stash bins, I cut 72 print rectangles and 288 little squares to make part 3 of my Friendship Medallion quilt.  

I watched (umm, mostly listened to) four different movies on the Lifetime channel while doing lots of chain piecing.

To make my stash bin search and cutting easier, I've decided to make each part - each round - a different theme color. Though I'd like the next round to be blue, I don't have many blue prints. It might be purple instead.

Friendship Medallion, ready for part 4
Linda

10 comments:

  1. I like it! Wish I had the time to start this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!! Love your idea of using up scraps by color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! It's beautiful. I love the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous quilt. I'm not at all surprised to see you have plenty of greens *lol*. such a clever idea to use a different colour for each border too. I *so* wish I had more hours in my day right now so I could make the friendship medallion too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oh my! This one is a really beautiful. Your work is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m really liking this...sure wish that I would have had time to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving seeing where you're heading with this quilt. So many luscious greens. Good idea to have a round a particular colour. Really like the last spacer border- very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looooking Good!! Love the colour choices. Wouldn't have thought of a colour per round.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Linda it is growing beautifully. I feel a little connected to this one!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin