Wednesday, February 22, 2012

For Sale

Still paring down. Selling and giving away. Here are some things I'm offering free to those of you who are local - in the Des Moines, Iowa area. Please let me know what you want!

If you're not in the Des Moines, Iowa area, I'll send it to you if you'll pay shipping too.

Quilter's Newsletter Magazines Free locally Taken!
Past issues, from 1996 through 2010 of "Quilter's Newsletter Magazine." Years 1996 through 2007 are well-organized in magazine holders inserted in large three-ring binders. Years 2008-2010 are loose. QNM is a wonderful resource for patterns, techniques, and tips for new and experienced quilters.

Miniature Quilts Magazines Free locally Taken!
No longer in print; from 2001 to 2004. Organized with magazine holders in two large three-ring binders.

Plaster Nativity Set - $10 plus shipping
Eight piece plaster nativity set: three wise men; one shepherd and a lamb; Mary, Joseph and Jesus. Tallest king is 5 inches. Every figurine has a # mark on the bottom. Purchased in 1981 after learning the original mold was broken due to its strong similarity to Precious Moments figurines. Began painting the figures and never finished.

Swedish Huck Weaving - $10 plus postage 
Decorative, 16 inch diameter doily, stitched with the Swedish huck weaving or Nordic weaving technique. Blue flowers and green leaves on white huck cloth. Hand-crocheted edge is white and blue.

Hardanger Embroidery Bell Pulls -The middle one is gone, so $8 each for the small ones, plus postage.
Left to right: Blue bell pull is 2-3/4 inches wide by 13-1/2 inches long with silver hardware. Center, large bell pull is 5-1/2 inches wide by 20-1/2 inches long with gold hardware. Beige bell pull is 2-3/4 inches wide X 13-1/2 inches long with gold hardware. 

Winter Greenery Counted Cross-Stitch - $20 plus shipping
Counted cross-stitch holiday or winter scene of greenery, berries, pine cones, and geese in the distance. Stitched on fine, ivory linen. Framed in a custom, hand-made oak frame. Exterior dimensions 14 inches by 14 inches. Circle opening 10-1/4 inch in diameter. No glass.


"I Got Up Early" Counted Cross-Stitch - $20 plus shipping
"I got up early one morning..." poem in counted cross-stitch. Very dark blue thread on ivory fabric. Oak frame with unique custom mat. Protected with glass. 16" X 17".

I got up early one morning,
and rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish
that I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me,
and heavier came each task.
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
He answered, "You didn't ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty,
but the day toiled on gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said, "But you didn't seek."

I tired to come into God's presence,
I tried all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided.
"My child, you didn't knock."

I woke up early this morning,
and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish
that I had to take time to pray.



"Hummingbird Garden" Counted Cross-Stitch - $25 plus shipping
Custom oak wood frame with blue V-groove mat and glass. Stitched on fine light blue linen fabric. 10-1/2 inches X 13 inches. Protected with glass.

Pulled Thread Sampler - $30 plus shipping

A variety of embroidery stitches around a fan motif. Stitched on fine linen with ivory thread. 15" X 17-1/2" Custom frame is brushed light bronze metal with double mat, and protected with glass.


Hand Quilting Frame - $40 plus shipping
Medium-colored wood, hand quilting frame. Easy to assemble. A-frame legs can adjusted to a distance (length) apart from 50 inches to 82 inches. (Shown in photos at 82 inches apart.) For quilting, distance between poles is 26 inches. Two poles included are 92 inches long. Four tilt positions. 




Hardanger Mirror - $45 plus shipping
This piece was a blue ribbon winner at the Iowa State Fair! Hardanger embroidered star using a variety of stitches. Unique custom frame with Hardanger piece mounted on a mirror. Polished silver-colored frame measures 20-1/2 inches X 20-1/2 inches. Mat is dark charcoal-colored. No glass.


"Kind Hearts" Mixed Techniques - Sold
12" X 24" piece contains a variety of stitching techniques: counted cross-stitch, Hardanger, pulled thread, ruching. This feminine, pretty piece is stitched with cotton and decorative threads on linen fabric, and embellished with decorative buttons, beads, and ribbon. Custom framed by Heartland Gallery (West Des Moines) in a brushed silver frame with curved top double matting: cream and pale gray. No glass.
Kind hearts are the garden
Kind thoughts are the roots
Kind words are the blossoms
Kind deed are the fruits

I know you're going to ask, so I'll go ahead and tell you, "Yes, I made all the needlework pieces." In the early 80's I owned a needlework shop, learning and becoming involved in every technique. For several years, I was active in the local chapter of the Embroiderer's Guild of America too. These pieces are very special to me for the hundreds of hours they represent. Let's not talk about the cost of custom framing! Since I don't have enough walls, nor are my children interested in them, I'd love to see them go to a good home. If you can help me out, thank you!

Oh, and don't forget to enter the Blog2Print giveaway! (This giveaway has ended.) You could win a $35 gift certificate to make a print book from your own blog. How cool is that!? Comment here, please by recommending to me a good read. I'm keeping a list. Thanks! Linda

10 comments:

  1. I hope you're able to find new homes for your projects and magazines! Do you deliver? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have some beautiful things for sale, I hope they all find good homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have the Quilters Newsletter Magazines been spoken for? If not, I would gladly give them a home. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, Linda. What a shame your children don't want them. I do hope they go to people who really value what you have put into them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - those embroideries are all so gorgeous linda - hope they find good homes

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother love to make embroidery also. She takes a lot of time in doing this kind of work. This can be a decoration in our simple home. Big thanks for sharing.

    Charles@homes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the nativity set still available? My mother handpainted a set like that for me years ago. Last year, some of the wise men met with a horrible accident, and I've been looking for a year for replacement pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to say that the nativity set was donated in August, 2012, to the Des Moines Area Quilters Guild, for their annual charity auction. I was unable to tell you this in a reply to your comment because you are a no-reply commenter.

      Delete
  8. Your wall hanging of Longfellow's quote "Kind hearts are the garden" is so beautiful! Is there a chart I may purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The piece is long gone, as is the chart. It was nearly three years ago now, that I was unburdening myself of "things." Sorry.

      Delete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin